Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cross this off the Bucket List! *Check*

When I was 17 years old I made a list of all of the things I wanted to do before I died.  One of them was to see Billy Joel in concert. Though I plan on living for many, many years to come, I was DELIGHTED to see him perform BRILLIANTLY at the ACC on Sunday night.


What a concert! 


I was impressed that he did some of my favourite songs ( Vienna *sniff* Vienna)


Here is the setlist for those inclined: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/billy-joel/2014/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-2bc2fc92.html


He is so wonderful in concert. A truly prodigious talent who harbours such great musicianship. Mostly, though, he is a story teller who loves to perform, who plays our minstrel and teases the keys. 

There is something gritty about him, something that harkens back to Frankie Valli and something still that sews a romantic ballad with similes to take your breath away.


Here's 'Vienna'

)


oh and I know you are all: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?  traveling for work. So very busy. 

1 comment:

Kailana said...

What a great experience for you, Rachel!! Jealous. :)