Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's Redeeming!

Sorry for the silence, friends. I have been extremely busy at a work conference.

As well as being nominated for several Academy Awards, I was THRILLED to see that Les Miserables tops Christianity Today's list of 10 Most Redemptive Films of 2012

Read here:

Also, Breakpoint editor ( and our friend), Gina Dalfonzo, wrote about its redemptive nature on the Breakpoint Blog (and even mentioned my review in the Further Reading portion)

And, BRAND NEW, Gina added this insightful piece to Breakpoint citing Plugged In and rallying Christians who have heard ill of the film to take the plunge.

Read my review of the film here


We must never complain that Hollywood is devoid of faith-based stories!






4 comments:

Joanne Bischof said...

Positively loved this film. Read your thoughts below and I so agree...that vocal perfection was truly substituted for pure emotion. It was incredible. Delighted to see a film that held redemption in such high regard. I can't wait to see it again!

Kailana said...

I really need to find time to see this!

Charity said...

I took a chance and saw it today. The content wasn't as bad as I feared, but... the movie just didn't jive with me like I wanted it to, I think in part because I found the weird direction choices distracting.

Gina said...

Thanks for the links, Rachel!

I'm so bummed that Tom Hooper didn't get an Oscar nomination. :-( Stupid Oscar voters.