Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Books

I always re-read some of my favourite books at Christmas and this year is no exception.

I packed last night for two weeks at home and while I packed numerous books I have not read, I also loaded up my gorgeous STRAND bag ( right from Greenwich Village and the largest used bookstore in the world ) with:

Vienna Prelude (Thoene) --- I have read this every year since I was 12. Always at Christmas. The first book I ever re-read

The Man with a Load of Mischief (Grimes)


Something by LM Montgomery ( usually Jane of Lantern Hill --- which it is this year )

Great Expectations (Dickens)

the Blooding of Jack Absolute (Humphreys)


Horatio Lyle ( a new tradition )

Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom (Alcott)


I will let you know if I think of any more.


Remember to get your hands on a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Schaeffer because I LOVED it!


Starting Ariadne Franklin's City of Shadows because I am hankering for something to do with the Romanovs and this looks thrilling and fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jane of Lantern Hill. I really, really do. I started packing the books I'm bringing home, but it's still not 100% finalized yet - so far, all new and no rereads. May need to remedy that.

Kailana said...

The only book I ever reread at Christmas anymore is A Christmas Carol. Your list is making me want to read some books for the first time, though!

ducKy Boyd said...

I will get out my Eight Cousins and Rose In Bloom, and I will re-read them as well! Hooray!