Monday, October 09, 2006

Hopped off the Autumn Reading Challenge slightly....

My Thanksgiving weekend reads:


Secrets from the Vinyl Cafe by the always excellent, Stuart McLean


The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory ( okay, not classic literature, but so romantic and atmospheric and fun....and, most importantly, a quick read ).


Fairest by Gail Carson Levine ( I think her best in the past couple of years. I loved Dave at Night as well. It was my token YA novel of the week. As Ella Enchanted took a new angle at the Cinderella fable, so Fairest peeks into another more realistic side of Snow White. Loved Ijiro, the Prince ----but I also loved Char (of Ella Enchanted ) especially as personified by Hugh Dancy in the film version).


Starting Shackleton's Stowaway by Victoria McKernan.


Will read more but it is a holiday weekend, ducks, and I am busy living a social cornucopia of festive fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how you manage to get through so many books in the span of one holiday weekend. I am in total awe of you, and hope that you still managed to get enough time to eat plenty of turkey.